30+ Whole30 Recipes – Almost 40 INCREDIBLE recipes to make your Whole30 completely delicious. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, condiments, and more!
As a lot of folks gear up for the new year and healthy resolutions, there’s a big group who will begin a round of Whole30. If you haven’t heard of Whole30, it’s been around since 2009, but has been gaining momentum again in the last few years. In essence, it’s a dietary reset based on the book It Starts with Food. It’s a dietary reset intended to help you discover possible food intolerances, break bad habits, and see how different foods affect you or whether you have certain addictions or hang-ups. (You can read more about healing your relationship with food and moving forward after Whole30 in Food Freedom Forever.)
For 30 days, participants avoid gluten, grains, dairy, soy, legumes, sugar (both processed and natural sources like honey), alcohol, and food additives and preservatives, then they slowly re-introduce those foods to their diet afterward. (You can find details and the nitty-gritty on the Whole30 here.)
I have never completed an official Whole30, but I have done an even more restrictive (if you can believe it) elimination diet on doctor’s orders when I was nursing Sophie and she was being monitored by a gastroenterologist for possible allergies. Later, when we went gluten and dairy free at the suggestion of her developmental pediatrician, we underwent a similar regimen for the first 30 days. It was really enlightening and gave me a chance to really evaluate how certain foods affected me and our family.
I won’t be doing a Whole30 this January, but I do eat lots of Whole30-approved meals all year long. Whether you’re in the midst of figuring out food intolerances or trying to eat more healthfully, there are so many delicious and filling options out there. Here are more than 30 recipes you can enjoy while on a Whole30!
- Paleo Mini Quiches – If you find you’re getting bored, these mini quiche are a great way to keep things interesting. Add different veggies or meats to each muffin cup for plenty of variety all week long.
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes and Veggies – This veggie and potato blend is so full of flavor. It’s like my favorite skillet potatoes without all the work! Add a side of eggs, sausage, or avocado for a whole breakfast.
- Sausage and Veggie Breakfast Bake – I love meal prep, and this one is so good. Have a slice for breakfast all week long!
- Sausage and Squash Frittata – Seasonal and so good this time of year. This is another make-ahead meal prep recipe we all love!
Sauces & Condiments
For me, eating healthfully is always more enjoyable when I have a yummy sauce or dressing to put on things. Especially if you’re meal-prepping and your meals are feeling repetitive.
- Creamy Avocado Ranch – This is my desert island condiment. If I could only have one for the rest of my life, it’s this. Creamy, flavorful, SO delicious and good on everything.
- Dairy Free Pesto – Toss it with veggies or chicken, stir it into veggie noodles, and more!
- Ranch Dressing – This is a delicious Whole30 ranch we eat all year round (plus a recipe for homemade compliant mayo)
- Chipotle Ranch – Change it up with a little chipotle and lime. It’s DELICIOUS.
- Tomatillo Ranch – So, so, so good!
- Fresh Salsa – This is great on anything from morning eggs to carnitas beef or chicken and veggies.
- My Ultimate Guide to Guacamole – Try all the different flavors (and invent your own!)
- Lime Salt – This simple method is perfect for adding a flavor punch to any veggie or main dish!
- Citrus Avocado Dressing or Dip – LOTS of you have loved this with the Chicken Zucchini Poppers. It’s so fresh and delicious. I put it on everything!
Lunches & Dinners
- Chicken Zucchini Poppers – The most popular recipe on my blog of all time. This one has been made by hundreds of readers over the last few years and it’s a big winner. Lots of flavor in a tiny package. You’ll want to make a double batch!
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Another one of my most popular recipes ever. These ones taste like the restaurant without any weird additives. I make a big batch of filling, then pack lettuce leaves for easy, filling lunches throughout the week.
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili – This one has a brand-new video to show you just how easy it is. The flavor is mouthwatering and it’s so hearty without feeling heavy!
- Paleo Beef Stew – This is so good and feels so hearty and satisfying, you’ll forget you’re doing Whole30. It’s my all-time favorite beef stew.
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken – One of the most popular recipes on my blog of all time. I could eat this once a week and never get sick of it. Eat it on its own, with steamed veggies, or some cauliflower rice! (And check out the new video!)
- Chili Stuffed Spaghetti Squash – I LOVE this dinner. It’s easy and delicious, and you can top it with All The Things. I love avocado, lettuce, tomato, and even sometimes some olives or avocado ranch.
- Chicken & Lime Soup – A classic. It’s so warming and filling. I often eat the leftovers for breakfast. And if that sounds crazy, just try it and then talk to me. You’ll be looking forward to the next bowl before you finish the first one.
- Pumpkin Taco Soup – Pumpkin isn’t just for October! In this recipe, it ends a velvety richness and some extra nutrition without tasting a drop like pumpkin. It’s simply taco soup at its finest.
- Crispy Halibut with Tomato & Avocado Salad – Light, crispy fish without any deep frying. This is my favorite basic treatment for any firm, white fish. Topped with a fresh tomato and avocado salad or a nice sauce? Amazing.
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe-Tatoes – Somewhere happy between stuffed baked potatoes and sloppy joes.
- Perfect Paleo Meatballs – Tender, delicious, full of flavor. We love these with my perfect pasta sauce. Enjoy alone or over veggie noodles!
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls – You can add anything to these. I love using our beef carnitas, or grilled chicken for the protein! Skip the rice and beans and add extra veggies for one amazing, filling meal. (PS – check out the video!)
- BLT Chicken Salad Avocado Boats – You can make these with any kind of chicken salad you fancy. I like to use some of my homemade ranch recipes (below) to add extra flavor.
- Chicken Bacon Apple Burgers – Wrap these in lettuce and top with your favorite compliant condiments. You’ll love them!
- Thai Curry Chicken Meatballs – This velvety, creamy sauce is unbelievable. It’s close-your-eyes good.
- Cottage Pie – Healthier comfort food at its finest. Use my recipe for compliant potato mash or see my link to a great mashed cauliflower recipe!
- Cider brined Slow Roasted Chicken – The most tender, delicious chicken I’ve ever made. This one is great day one, and the leftovers are perfect for lunches all week!
- Zoodles with Tomato Basil Olive Sauce – Whole30 is a perfect time to jump on the spiralizing train. Topped with an awesome sauce like this one, you’ll be a fast fan.
- Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry with Black Pepper Sauce – Black Pepper Sauce. DO IT. So flavorful, so good.
Sides, Veggies, Salads and More.
- Cinnamon Rosemary Sweet Potatoes – These make your house smell heavenly, and they taste delicious any meal of the day. Serve them with eggs or avocados for breakfast, pair them with leftovers for lunch, or any meaty main for dinner!
- Spiced Pear Sauce – We eat this all fall and winter when pears are at their peak. The warm spices are so satisfying. (And no added sugar!) Stir in a little collagen for a secret protein boost!
- Asparagus with Prosciutto – Many kinds of prosciutto are Whole30 compliant. Crisp them up in the oven and add them to green veggies for a savory side.
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Salad
- French Style Potato Salad – Potato salad gets a lighter makeover with this vinegary dressing. It’s got so much fabulous flavor! Pair it with chicken, sausage, steak, or fish!
- Green Beans with Tangy Vinaigrette – I love this easy, tangy side. It’s the sauce that really makes it!
- Sweet Potato Not fries – Roasted sweet potatoes with a curly fry seasoning. These aren’t fries, but they sure taste amazing!