Slow Cooker Pear Sauce (gf, df, v)
Author: One Lovely Life
Serves: about 6-8
- 6-8 medium pears, cored and diced
- 2c water
- 1/4c pure maple syrup (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Set heat to low and cook for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- For more rustic sauce: simply mash with a potato masher, leaving large pieces here and there.
- For medium sauce (as pictured): Puree 2/3 of the sauce in a blender or food processor and stir in the remaining sauce
- For super-smooth sauce: Puree entire batch in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Eat warm or cold, or scoop over your morning oatmeal (or a bowl of ice cream!)
Recipe by one lovely life at http://www.onelovelylife.com/?p=8190