Dear everyone who likes a good treat now and then: I am your new best friend.
While Michael and I usually try to eat whole foods and avoid things that are processed, this is one of those spectacular special occasion foods that is completely worth the splurge. Seriously delicious, this s’mores treat is perfect for movie night, sleepovers, or giving away.
These s’mores treats stayed soft for two days. The trick is to stop melting the marshmallows when there are still a few whole pieces left. That way, the marshmallow doesn’t harden too much during the cooling process. I also opted for semi-sweet chocolate since I think it would have been a bit too sweet with milk chocolate.
So file this one away, dear reader. It’s worth a try.
- 1 (12oz) box graham cracker cereal (i.e. Golden Grahams)
- 1½c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10.5oz) package mini marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Place cereal and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter over medium heat, stirring often. Continue melting until a few small bumps remain, but the majority of the mixture is smooth and gooey. Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal and chocolate and stir to combine. The heat from the marshmallows will melt the chocolate chips. Continue stirring until cereal is well-coated.
- Pour mixture out onto waxed or parchment paper to cool. Alternately, you can press the mixture into a 9 x 13″ pan and allow to cool.