Five Fact Friday – A peek at the week, from shenanigans to Milo’s new boss, the bucket list, and more! Happy weekend!
1. Outside, inside. We enjoyed some unseasonably refreshing mornings this week, sneaking in some park and outside time before the heat of the day set in. It was so wonderful to get to play without burning our hands on playground equipment! We’re headed into a week of excessive heat warnings (with temps between 115-120 degrees!), so if you need us, we’ll be inside. In the air conditioning. Forever and ever amen. #sendpopsicles
2. The bucket list. We’ve been checking things off our summer bucket list (post-it notes with words & pictures that I stuck to the kitchen window–ha!). This week we had lunch at Michael’s work and went to IKEA. My kids were SO SAD that Smaaland was closed that day, but we had a fun time walking through and picked up some chicken meatballs (they’re gluten free!) on the way out.
p.s. – see our approach to summer here.
3. Shadows. These two have been each other’s shadows this week. They’ve been inseparably playing really intricate games, making up nonsense words, with some driving each other nuts thrown in for good measure.
4. Who’s the Boss? This girl, that’s who. More than once, I’ve heard her say cheerfully to Milo, “Buddy, I can be the boss if you want! Don’t you want me to be in charge? Big sisters are so good at being in charge. I just have so many good ideas.”
And he goes right along with it. CRACKS me up. (Especially since I used to try to boss my big sisters around and had no trouble being The Boss for my younger sister and brother… she comes by it honestly. Sorry Soph!)
5. Basic. Milo has just started to sound out some basic (BASIC) words. It’s been such fun to hear him do it! I haven’t been pushing that on him at all, but he LOVES listening to Sophie read out loud and I think he’s just sort of wanting to be included. I’ll take it!
The weekly newsletter is headed out tonight at 6pm PST. I’m sharing some of my favorite ways to cool down in the summer, a handful of weekly favorites, and more! Be sure to sign up if you don’t want to miss out!