1. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: sooner or later, every parent has to face the music. And by “the music” I mean all the shmutz under the high chair/booster seat/car seat. (Oy) So. much. food…. SO. many. crumbs. In not unrelated news, I’m still working out some kinks, but I may have found a solution to world hunger. Can we talk about Sophie’s happy painting face? Or Milo’s dancing face? Because… swoon.
2. I’m sure some of it is clothes, but Milo just seems to have grown up LOADS in just this week. He’s grabbed my hand to bring me to the back door (wanting to go outside), he “begs” for fruit snacks (and knows where the secret stash is hidden), and he’s fallen in love with being outside. He just seems so much more boy than baby. Le sigh. And again with the faces! He makes that face every time he flings sand.
3. Baby shoes. They just kill me. Milo got this pair of flip flops this week to hold him over between his last pair of shoes and his next pair that are still too big. He’s been so proud of them–wearing them everywhere, trying to show people what they look like, and proudly walking, marching, and speed-walking across every different surface I’ll let him explore, just to see how they work.
4. There’s always time for a quick accessory. Sophie’s been toting these sunglasses, a Minnie bag, some mini-chapstick, and any other small trinket she can find. On the swings? Why not don some sunglasses! Getting in the Cozy Coupe? Don’t forget your purse.
5. Real true question for parents: how do you find balance for getting breaks? How do you make time for each other to pursue interests, hobbies, or alone-time to recharge? How do you avoid guilt or resentment for taking breaks (more a problem for moms, I think?)? I’d love some suggestions for helping each other not feel burned out or overdrawn!
Happy Friday, dear reader! Wishing you every good thing!