The BEST posts of the Year – The top posts of the year, chosen by YOU! These are the recipes with the most comments, shares, likes, and pins in 2016!
This the eighth December I’ve been blogging (my 9 year blogiversary is in March), and there’s something so exciting and exhilarating about seeing what the top posts of the year are. Sometimes, I can guess what will be on the list, and sometimes I’m really surprised when I sit down and look at the numbers. I don’t pay tooooo much attention to the numbers during the year (mostly because I feel like I lose some of my creativity when I focus on that kind of stuff), but here were the 10 top posts of the year!
It seems fitting to start with a chocolate-y recipe. These really are my idea of a perfect brownie. Fudgy, rich, and absolutely delicious!
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made this in the last few months. It’s incredible. Such a good flavor blend. It’s perfect for getting cozy in cold weather or fighting a cold or stuffy nose.
My trick for eating plenty of veggies is to have an arsenal of delicious dips and dressings. This Chipotle Ranch is such a yummy variation on ranch. It’s smokey, flavorful, and has just the right amount of heat. Good on everything from taco salad, to green salad, to chicken salad, to fresh veggies, and more.
I made this smoothie every day for a few weeks this summer! It’s creamy and luscious with the perfect kiss of lime. It’s made from entirely healthy ingredients but feels like a true tropical treat. You’ll want to pop a paper umbrella in it and scoop it up with a spoon. It’s close-your-eyes good.
6. Perfect Soft Granola Bars. (+Video)
We pack lunches and snacks every single week and these granola bars are the perfect “cleaned up” version of the store-bought classic. They’re soft and chewy, and there are SO many ways to flavor them–Cherry Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, Honey Almond… the options are endless!
5. Magic Green Rice (+ Video)
I will always love tomato-based Mexican style rice, but this version is another major favorite. It’s great for burrito bowls, or paired with a side of beans. So easy, so good. It’s hard to beat that color!
A Thanksgiving favorite made allergy friendly! This was one of my personal favorites of the year. The filling has incredible texture and is perfectly sweetened. The pecan topping adds such a lovely, cinnamon-y crunch! So many of you made it and enjoyed it this year. I’m so glad!
Apparently I’m not the only one who loses motivation to cook when the temperatures are indecent outside in the summer. These are low-cook or no-cook meals that are as easy as can be and won’t add to the heat in your house!
This one is SUPER easy and it’s kind of like magic. The flavor is incredible, and the recipe is adaptable (which I always appreciate). It can easily be made vegan or paleo, and I’ve given a few other suggestions for adapting it.
This post was fairly viral (for me) this year! Overnight oats are the best! They’re easy, they’re great for meal prep, and there are SO many different ways to flavor them. Read all about it here, and tuck the idea away for January when you’re ready for your healthy New Year’s Resolutions.
BONUS: A few oldies that are still going strong:
- Chicken Zucchini Poppers. Still the most popular recipe ever on my site. This has been featured in the Whole30 Newsletter, on blogs across the web, and was even briefly featured on The Doctor’s tv show this year! So much flavor in such a tiny package. Bookmark these ones for January!
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken. One of my all-time favorite recipes ever. We make this one regularly and it makes me happy every time. The photos were just updated this month and there’s a new video to go along with it! It’s a great healthy recipe that basically makes itself!
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Quick, easy, flavorful. These taste like the restaurant ones, and I don’t say that lightly. Oh, they’re also gluten free, paleo, and Whole30 friendly! Add them to your January meal plan!
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew. The best beef stew I’ve ever had, and I’ve tested a LOT of recipes. This is a delicious one for the weekend, but also makes a great dish to take to a neighbor or friend.
- Slow Cooker Paleo Sweet Potato Chili. This is one of those recipes that’s cozy deep down in your bones. It’s loaded with flavor and couldn’t be easier. I LOVE this chili!