The unsweetened cocoa powder in this recipe mixes best if you stir it into the oats before adding the milk. Also, the longer this sits, the sweeter it gets, so it will taste better after resting overnight than it will after just 2 hours.
- 1/3–1/2 cup uncooked oats (old-fashioned or quick-cooking)
- 2 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp dried cherries (can sub raisins, etc.)
- 1–1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 3/4–1 cup milk (I prefer unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- Stir the cocoa powder into the oats. Add remaining ingredients and stir together. Store in an airtight container, jar, cup, or bowl fitted with a lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.