Apple Chicken Salad – This chicken salad with apples is the perfect combination of savory, sweet, creamy, and crunchy. A delicious meal-prep lunch! Don’t miss all our serving ideas below! (Gluten-Free, Paleo-Friendly)
FOR THE APPLE CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD:
- 12 oz. cooked and cubed or shredded chicken (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup finely diced apple
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries*
- 1/3–1/2 cup mayo*
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. pepper
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp fresh herbs, like tarragon, dill, or parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, apple, pecans, celery and cranberries.
- Add 1/3 cup mayo along with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper (and herbs, if using). Stir to combine, adding a few more tablespoons of mayo, if desired, depending on how well-dressed you prefer your chicken salad.
- Taste and add additional salt or seasonings, to taste.
- Dip with crackers
- Wrap in a tortilla
- Serve on bread, rolls, buns, or croissants.
- Scoop over salad greens
- Spoon into lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps
- Serve on thinly sliced apples
*PALEO NOTES: Use paleo-approved mayo (like Primal Kitchen), and naturally sweetened cranberries, like Made in Nature brand (sweetened with apple juice)
VARIATIONS TO TRY:
- MIX UP THE NUTS! Try in walnuts, toasted almonds, or salty cashews instead of the toasted pecans.
- ADD GRAPES. Add as many or few as you like! (1/2 cup halved or quartered grapes is a good place to start!)
- ADD GREEN ONION. A sliced green onion can be a great addition!
- TRY SOME FRESH HERBS. 1-2 Tbsp. of parsley, dill, or tarragon can be lovely.
- ADD A PINCH OF CURRY POWDER. Add a little bit (1/4-1/2 tsp. or so) curry powder.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry Apple Chicken Salad, Chicken Salad with Apples, Fall Chicken Salad, apple cranberry chicken salad, cranberry pecan chicken salad, apple chicken salad