Apple Nachos – Apples topped with all kinds of goodies! This fun snack is a hit with kids + grown-ups. (Gluten-Free + Vegan + Paleo-Friendly)
FOR THE APPLE NACHOS:
- 2–3 Apples (I like using different colors)
- 1–2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter (or your favorite nut/seed butter)
- 1–1 1/2 Tbsp. Chocolate Chips (mine are allergy-friendly)
- 1/4 tsp. coconut oil
- Your favorite toppings (see list below for ideas)
- shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, sunflower seeds, granola, sprinkles, cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar, raisins, etc.
- Thinly slice apples and discard cores.
- Arrange apple slices on a plate, trying not to overlap too much (that way the toppings touch all the apples!)
- Drizzle apple slices with peanut butter.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, gently melt together chocolate chips + coconut oil, pausing every 15-20 seconds to stir, until the chocolate is smooth + glossy. (You can also do this in a pan on the stove if you prefer)
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the apples.
- Sprinkle with your favorite toppings & enjoy!
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple Nachos, kids snack, apple snack, healthy snack