This delicious apple spice cake has the perfect blend of warm spices and a gorgeous texture, thanks to a double-dose of apple goodness.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce (I prefer unsweetened)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and grated
- 2–3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer or spatula until light, fluffy, and well combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time till well incorporated.
- Stir in applesauce and apples.
- Sift in cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir till all dry ingredients are just mixed in. Don’t overmix.
- Pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray or buttered.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with buttermilk syrup or caramel sauce.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cake, spice cake, apple spice cake