I made this with our homemade peach barbecue sauce and some frozen peaches from our 34lb. box of Utah peaches, but it would be fantastic with just about any tomato-based barbecue sauce (I wouldn’t go mustard- or vinegar-based here). The sweetness of the peaches compliments the saltiness of the ham and mozzarella, and the tanginess of the barbecue sauce. The cilantro rounds out all the other flavors and was such a nice finish.
I didn’t give any specific amounts here, because everyone prefers their pizza differently–more or less sauce or cheese, etc. Make it your own. And, really, dear reader. Give it a try! It’s delicious.Print
- 1 pizza crust*
- 1/2–1c barbecue sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1–2c shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced peaches (frozen are ok)
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet and spread with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, as many slices of ham as you like, and as many peach slices as you like.
- Bake at 450 degrees about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Makes one cookie sheet size pizza.
*For crispier crust (which I prefer), pre-bake your crust at 450 degrees 8-10 minutes before spreading with barbecue sauce and toppings.