- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed and rolled out
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 (10oz) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1c gruyere, grated
- 2–3 Tbsp fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, red pepepr, cream cheese, gruyere, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss until well combined and cream cheese is completely mixed in.
- Make an egg wash by beating egg with water.
- Roll out puff pastry. Slice each sheet into 4 pieces (for 8 squares total). Divide filling among the 8 squares. For each puff, place filling in the center. Brush the edge of one half with egg wash and fold in half diagonally to form a triangle. Press down the edges with a fork to seal. Brush the top of the puff with egg wash and sprinkle with a bit of fresh parmesan, if using. Make 2-3 small slits in the top to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Place puffs on two baking sheets lined with parchment or sprayed with nonstick spray (I recommend using parchment).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
- and place in the center. Brush the edge of one half with egg wash. Fold each square in half diagonally to form a triangle. Press down edges with a fork to seal.
*To re-heat frozen puffs: place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake at 400 degrees 15-18 minutes or till heated through.