This creamy chocolate chia pudding makes a delicious healthier dessert or a fun twist on breakfast. Serve it plain or see the notes for lots of yummy topping ideas!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free milk (I like almond milk or 1/2 almond milk + 1/2 coconut milk)
- In a medium bowl, combine chia seeds, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp. syrup, the vanilla, and a tiny drizzle of the milk (don’t add all the milk yet!)
- Whisk to combine (it’s easier to mix the cocoa in less liquid). Mixture will be quite thick.
- Add remaining milk and whisk to combine. Taste and add additional syrup, as desired.
- Let mixture rest for 5 minutes to partially thicken.
- After 5 minutes, stir again (this helps distribute the chia seeds evenly), cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to overnight) to allow the pudding to chill and gel.
(For easiest serving, I like to put the chia pudding in the cups or jars I plan to serve it in before chilling, but you can just keep it in the mixing bowl, if you like.)
- Fresh berries, raspberry sauce, toasted coconut, peanut butter, vegan caramel sauce, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, and more!
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chia pudding, chocolate chia seed pudding