- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
- 1c rice
- 2c water or chicken stock
- 1/4–1/2c minced fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- To serve: tortillas, black beans, cheese*, salsa, and other favorite burrito toppings
- Saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent and tender. Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in green chiles and their juice. Add rice and continue to cook 2-3 minutes, stirring to coat rice with mixture. Pour in water or stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and has absorbed the cooking liquid. Stir in minced cilantro and lime juice. For more lime flavor, feel free to add the lime zest.
- For burritos, layer black beans and rice in a tortilla.
- Makes four 1/2c servings
*Gluten & Dairy Free Notes: Use brown rice tortillas and skip the cheese.