- 5c old-fashioned oats
- 1c wheat germ
- 1c shredded coconut
- 1c slivered almonds (you can certainly use sliced/whole/chopped)
- 3/4c whole wheat flour
- pinch salt
- 2Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2c water
- 1/2c canola oil
- 1 1/4c honey
- 2 1/2Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4c raisins, or to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oats, wheat germ, coconut, almonds, wheat flour, salt, and cinnamon. Stir well. In a small bowl, whisk together water, oil, honey, and vanilla. Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir well to combine. *This is your chance to make sure you don’t have any dry flaky sections.
- Spread granola over a large cookie sheet covered with parchment or foil sprayed with nonstick spray. Mixture will be thick and pan will be very full.
- Bake at 250 degrees about 2 hours and 15 minutes, or until almost dry.
- Stir lightly every 20 minutes, careful not to break up too many of the clumps. Add raisins during the last 15 minutes of the baking time.Stirring will help ensure even baking.
- When finished baking, granola will be a deep golden color and may still feel slightly moist to the touch. It will harden and dry as it cools. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container or zip-top bag. If you only have a few eaters at your house, store in the refrigerator to prolong shelf life.