This chicken salad with grapes is my go-to chicken salad recipe! It comes together in no time and tastes amazing. (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Whole30-Friendly!)
- 1 lb. cooked shredded chicken breast or chicken thighs (about 3–3 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved or quartered (or your favorite color)
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds*
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/3–1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2–3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1–2 Tablespoons fresh herbs (optional), such as chives, parsley, fresh dill, or tarragon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, almonds, green onion, 1/3 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Use a spatula or fork to stir the mixture until it’s well combined. Taste and add additional mayo, lemon juice, salt, or pepper, as desired.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if using.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
- Serve with bread, toast, croissants, rolls, crackers (or lettuce for a low-carb option!)
*OTHER NUTS TO TRY: cashews, macadamia nuts, walnuts, or pecans. I suggest toasted or roasted/salted nuts for the best flavor.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: classic chicken salad, chicken salad recipe, chicken salad with grapes, chicken salad with grapes and celery