This easy chocolate fondue recipe is a HUGE hit every time we serve it. Don’t miss our dipper ideas + flavor options below! (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Nutrition facts calculated using a 10oz bag of chocolate chips + 3/4 cup almond milk.
- Gently melt together the chocolate chips and almond milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat. Stir regularly to prevent burning.
- When chocolate is completely melted and glossy, test for texture. If you’d like your fondue thinner, add additional milk a few tablespoons at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Serve warm with your favorite dippers! We like fresh fruit (berries, pineapple, apples, etc.), gluten free pretzels or animal crackers, or cut up brownies and cake.
IDEAS FOR OTHER FLAVORINGS:
- Swirl in some white chocolate – Dairy free white chocolate (like these or this) is tough to find in stores where I live and tends to be expensive, but you *can* order some from Amazon. It reminds me of the (not dairy free) white candy coating you can buy for popcorn or pretzels. It’s pretty strongly sweet, but sure looks pretty! (And my kids love it)
- Add some peanut butter (I love crunchy!) – A spoonful or two will work. I like to warm it up a bit first, then swirl it into the top.
- Amaretto – I love giving this an amaretto twist with a splash of almond extract. I use about 1/4 tsp, but you can go all the way up to 1/2 tsp if you like.
- Coconut – You could kick up the coconut flavor with a tiny dash of coconut extract (a little goes a long way!)
Keywords: chocolate fondue, dairy free chocolate fondue, vegan chocolate fondue, fondue,