Classic Egg Salad & 3 Delicious variations! This egg salad is a classic for a reason. Don’t miss the notes for 3 ways to change it up! (Gluten free, paleo)
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise or vegannaise (I like avocado oil mayo or Just Mayo vegannaise)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp finely minced dill pickles
- 1 tsp dill pickle brine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice or smash eggs into small pieces. (I like using an egg slicer to speed things along)
- Add diced eggs to a medium bow. Add mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, pickle brine, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, or pickle brine as desired.
For Curry Egg Salad – 2 eggs, 1 1/2 Tbsp mayo, 1 tsp mustard (optional), 1 tsp lemon juice and a pinch (about 1/8 tsp) yellow curry powder. Salt and pepper, to taste.
For Everything Bagel Seasoning Egg Salad – Make as directed above. Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning mixture. (You can add pickles or omit them, as desired)
For BLT Egg Salad – Make as directed above. Serve on a piece of toast with lettuce, egg salad, and a garnish of cooked, crumbled bacon and diced or sliced tomatoes.
- Category: Main Dish, Eggs
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg salad, egg salad recipe, paleo egg salad, gluten free egg salad, vegetarian egg salad, dairy free egg salad, classic egg salad, BLT egg salad, curry egg salad, avocado egg salad