For the pie:
- 1 pie shell
- 5 small apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3 small pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/3c dried cranberries, (or more or less to taste)
- 1/4c sugar
- 1/4c brown sugar
- 1/4c flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- scant 1/2tsp ginger
- 1/4–1/2tsp cloves (I used a generous, heaping 1/4tsp)
- pinch salt
For the topping:
- 1/2c cold butter
- 1c brown sugar
- 1/2c oatmeal
- 1/2c flour
- 1/4–1/2c chopped pecans
- 1/4tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, and cranberries. Add in sugar, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, spices, and salt. Pour filling into pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, blend topping incredients until well combined and very crumbly. I use a pastry blender, but you could use two knives or two forks. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until crumble topping is very golden and set.
- Cool completely before serving.