Around Christmas, I got to go to a “favorite things” party. It was so much fun–my friend Andrea is THE BEST hostess! If you’ve never been to one (I hadn’t), she had each attendee bring 3 copies of something they love. Everyone wrote their name three times on a piece of paper and put them into a bowl. We took turns going around the room telling why our favorite thing is something we like, then drawing three names out of the bowl. Those three ladies took home your favorite thing. At the end of the night, everyone left with three different things (since everyone’s name was in the bowl three times).
It was really fun, and I loved seeing everyone’s favorite products. There were things like brushes, make-up primer, the cutest pair of sweats, dry shampoo, candles, a planner, cups, even a gift card to the best car wash in town. I thought it was such a fun party and such a cool concept.
Since I can’t invite you all over for a favorite things party, I thought I’d just pop in every once in a while with a few favorite things. I’d love to hear some of YOUR favorite things. Over the years, you’ve recommended some of my FAVORITE products and brands. Here are a few of my favorites at the moment…
1. The sippy cup that doesn’t spill. For real. We’ve had a few of these Twist n’ Click Spoutless Cups for 3 years and they’re still in excellent (no-spilling) shape. You can find them at some Targets, and I’ve found them at Amazon and Diapers.com for a good price. Be sure you look for the spoutless cup option rather than the spout or straw versions.
2. Primal Pit Paste. Yep. I wear something called pit paste. I’ve been looking for a homemade deodorant that smells good and LASTS. Most of the natural stuff I’ve tried works great for an hour or two, but by two o’clock on a sweaty afternoon is long gone. So far, I really like this stuff. I get the lavender scent which is subtle, but nice. It lasts all day (even when I exercise) and I’m kind of a heavy sweat-er (how’s that for something to put on the internet?). It doesn’t have any metals or weird ingredients, and I really like it. You can visit their website for more information (they also have things like toothpaste, air fresheners, and body whip lotion).
3. A Wet Brush. I’d never heard of these till my blog friend The How To Mom shared them forever ago. At the time, Sophie could not STAND to have her hair brushed but also couldn’t bear to wear her hair down. This baby has been a game changer. A little spritz of Honest company detangler and this wet brush work like a charm and it’s rare to have a fight these days over hair brushing. I use one myself and have seen far less breakage in my hair. Love them.
4. A Diffuser. I’m an essential oil user, and have found that this diffuser is my favorite. We use it in the living spaces most often (since that’s where we hang out), or I tuck it into someone’s room at night if they’re sick. It was a bit pricey up front (though cheaper than the ones the oil brands sell), and it has worked like a dream for over a year. It’s small enough not to take up my whole counter, has the capacity to run all day, and comes in lots of colors. I love white All The Things, so I went with white, but there’s lots of cute colors around.
P.S. Our most-used oils are Breathe and OnGuard, which we buy at Amazon for about the same discount you get if you’re a wholesale buyer. I’m not a die-hard oil user, but I’ve found these ones helpful during cold and flu season.
5. North and South. Guys, have you watched this? It’s SUCH a great mini-series. I’m going to go ahead and say it: it’s nearly as addictive as the long Pride and Prejudice. Granted, no one can really quite live up to Jane Austen, but Richard Armitage is INCREDIBLE in this. And I love it. It’s on Netflix right now, but even if you don’t have Netflix, you should track it down.
So what do YOU have for me?
What do you love lately?