1. So many hours at the pool. I’ll admit that I wish everyone was independent and trustworthy enough that I could sit and read in the sunshine. But, I really do appreciate that everyone is so much happier when we spend an hour or two at the pool getting wiggles out, playing in the sunshine, and having so much fun!
2. Soooo many popsicles. We’ve made a few batches this week, and yet we fly through them as fast as we make them. The one benefit of making them yourself is you know what’s in them. In our case, that’s 100% plants.
3. Swimming lessons are coming along swimmingly. Yes, I just said that. Sophie will now go under the water a little bit and is getting better at floating on her back with some help. She LOVES her teacher, and we’re so grateful for someone so kind and patient! Milo has so much fun. If he’d just tolerate getting his face and hair wet he’d be able to back float and advance to the next class. Any tips for helping your little one tolerate water on their hair/face/in their ears?
4. A magical thing is happening. Sophie and Milo are doing so much better at restaurants. We still hardly ever go out as a family, but it’s SO fun that when we want to it’s a whole lot more feasible. Thank heavens. We’re starting another round of feeding therapy for Sophie, so hopefully her texture sensitivity will get better enough to accommodate trying more foods. Can you imagine the possibilities? I can. For the first time in years, I can.
5. Art class. Cracks me up. Sophie loves the projects. Milo feels like it’s a waste of his life. Lesson learned. I will not be signing him up for another round anytime soon. Yeesh.