1. Girls Chase Boys Chase Girls. Sophie’s VERY into knowing whether someone is a boy or a girl. She asks about everyone, which occasionally gets awkward. She likes it very much when girls do one thing and boys do another. Milo could care less about who is who. He just wants to be wherever Sophie is.
2. We’re in this fun dump-out-everything stage. By “fun” I mean “HOLY COW PLEASE STOP DOING THIS!!!” This was in the time it took me to go to the bathroom. And I was in there for like 2 minutes, tops. Usually everyone just acts like it’s no big deal and they’re surprised when I want them to help put things away. Milo just tells me “I’m a excabator” like that should explain everything.
3. It’s a fascinating process to watch two tiny humans grow into the people they’re going to be. They have their own interests and preferences, of course, but I especially love seeing the secret “I love teasing you” face Milo gets when he knows he’s pushing Sophie’s buttons, or the way Sophie shouts “Whaaaaaaat?!” when she says or hears something absurd. They’re both very mechanically minded, creative, and sensitive. I love that Milo forever wants to be a rescuer and Sophie wants to make sure everyone has what they need.
4. Pictures from Grampa. A few weeks ago, I wrote to my Grampa to ask for some airplane photos. He was a pilot in the Air Force and has always been an excellent photographer. I wanted to put together a gallery wall for Milo’s room with airplanes, boats, trucks, and cars for my little “behicle” lover. It’s been an incredible two weeks as photos arrive in my inbox. Not only has my grandpa sent planes, helicopters, ships, trucks, and more from all kinds of locations around the world, but he’s also sent some pictures of my dad as a little boy. I know that Milo has a lot of Michael in him, but when I see these pictures, my heart swells up and I see a lot of my dad in Milo.
5. Having company is the best. We’ve been waiting all summer for my mom and sister to come for a visit. It’s been the BEST. My kids just drink it up, and I’m right there with them. It’s so hard living so far from everyone!
Happy weekend, dear reader!
Wishing you every good thing.