1. Girl time! It was SO great to have my mom and sister visit! I cannot tell you how much I needed it! Lots of time to talk, good food, some treats, a little bit of shopping, and a sister pedicure were just perfect.
2. I love love. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I love watching people I love love my babies. Whether it was reading stories, holding hands, letting tiny people invade their space over and over again, or playing and laughing together, it was so great to watch.
3. She’s got a plan. Sophie even started brainstorming ideas for keeping my mom and sister hostage at our house. Besides not going in our car ever again, and sending ME home in place of them, my personal favorite was: “Let’s lock the door so Aunt Lovey stays at our house!”
4. Huge (small) victory this week. We found a pig popper! Our occupational therapist uses one for positive reinforcement, hand strength, coordination, etc. and we’ve had SUCH fun with it every time she’s brought it. We’ve wanted one for a while but hadn’t seen them. Out of nowhere, we spotted one at World Market, but I just saw that Amazon has them in loads of different varieties–penguins, cows, pigs, dogs, pandas, and more. Tuck this idea away. It makes a spectacular stocking stuffer, potty reward, or small birthday gift. Also it’s adorable to watch Milo use one. Just saying.
5. School started! I can’t believe that we started in July this year, but I’m very much looking forward to the extended fall, winter, and spring breaks we’ll enjoy later. Sophie’s in the same classroom with the same incredible teacher and she did great. I’m so grateful!
Happy Weekend, dear reader!
Wishing you every good thing!
p.s. Did you see the Raspberry Peach Chia Bowls I posted over at Super Healthy Kids recently? They make a great make-ahead breakfast or snack, perfect for getting back into a school routine.