The weekend is here! Let’s get to Five Fact Friday!
1. Combinating. So, Sophie and Milo do this thing. They combine words. For instance… vitamin has become vitaminute. I don’t know where this started, but despite our gentlest coaching, our kids take vitaminutes only. Don’t even try to offer them a vitamin. Just say vitaminute and it all goes well. Trust me.
This week, Sophie asked to see that Violin-tines decorations at Target and asked to make violintines heart cookies. I don’t have the heart to correct her.
2. Home buying. We’re juuuust dipping our toes in the water in earnest. We have no idea what we’re doing and it’s preeeeety overwhelming. Thank goodness it’s really fun to walk through models while we get some ideas.
(PS – Do you love or hate this flooring? I’ve found it’s pretty polarizing…)
3. The sweetest. There is going to be a day (not all that long from now) when Milo no longer wants to have his hand on my knee or arm when we sit together. I will be very sad indeed when that day comes. It’s the very sweetest. And helps me get through the less magical parts of the toddler years.
4. Registered. I got Sophie registered for kindergarten. SUCH a load off my mind in so many ways, but also I found myself wondering whether she’ll be in a typical classroom (vs. special needs classroom), whether the other kids will be nice, whether she’ll adjust well, etc. I’m really excited for her to have this experience and I know in the end, we’ll find what works for us. She’s SO smart, clever, and creative!
5. Sharing faves. It’s so fun to re-discover your own childhood favorites with kids. I love watching them figure out how to play Duck Duck Goose, create with sidewalk chalk, or learn how to do hopscotch. These are my favorite parts of parenting!