Yeehaw! We made it to the weekend. Lots of fun (and so many of THESE amazing homemade Reese’s Eggs) this week. Let’s jump into Five Fact Friday!
1. I love lunch. It’s amazing just how fun going to Dad’s work for lunch can be. We ate exactly what we always eat (other than a cup of lemonade provided by Dad), but you’d think it was a royal feast.
Also, it’s exceedingly adorable to watch people’s heads turn to look at your children when they walk down the hall in a big company (where there are never any children).
2. More babies (not mine) to love! My sister had her baby on Sunday and my brother and his wife had their baby earlier this month. At least for me, other than my own babies, there just aren’t any babies I love more than my nieces and nephews! Now, if I can just convince everyone else to move next door to me posthaste…
3. An Easter Costume. Sophie keeps asking me what they get to dress up as for Easter. I kept trying to explain that not every holiday involves a costume, but the idea doesn’t quite seem to be sinking in. It didn’t help my argument yesterday when Sophie spotted pink bunny ears in the dollar spot at Target. She looked at me and said “See, mom? It’s an Easter costume!”
Guess what Sophie’s dressing up as for Easter? #ihaveawillofiron #not #costumesforeveryholiday
4. An Excellent Thing. It’s a hard and wonderful thing to have siblings to show you what to do. On the one hand, sometimes there’s just excellent modeling (showing that something like going down the slide isn’t scary after all) and sometimes there’s not (demonstrating a first-rate tantrum to be copied forever after). Sophie teaching Milo the song “Little Bunny FooFoo” would fall under the Excellent category. Seriously. This boy singing Little Bunny FooFoo. I die.
It is adorable. Also, let’s be friends on Snapchat (I’m @onelovelylife) so I can show you more spur-of-the-moment and day-to-day things like this, yes?
5. Newsletter? So, newsletters. What do you think of a weekly(ish) email newsletter? I’d include recaps of the week, some behind-the-scenes things, early-released recipes, special bonuses and exclusives, plus some favorites (books, products, foods, etc.) I’m digging that week. Would you want to sign up? Would there be something else you’d want to see?