Five Fact Friday – It’s NOVEMBER! We had so much fun with Halloween, and I’m really excited to move into November and the holiday season!
1. Anyone need any rascuing? This year was the most fun I’ve had on Halloween in I don’t know HOW long. Both kids “got it” this year and there was so much fun with things going on at school. Between school parties and field trips, Michael’s work party, a church trunk or treat, and good ol’ trick or treating, I felt like we really celebrated. Sophie wore a different cobbled together costume for every single thing, but Milo was a happy “Batmant” the whole time. It did make his day when she decided to be Supergirl one of the nights. They were happy to “rascue” anyone who needing saving. #theyworkout
2. Flying high. Sophie was awarded “student of the month” at school, which was really fun. When the teacher was explaining why she was chosen at the school assembly, she said that “Sophie never gives up, and she says ‘I like hard challenges.'” I want to be Sophie when I grow up.
3. I love you stinkface. It’s SO HARD to get pictures of Milo these days. Almost every one is blurry or purposely thwarted. He’s in such a funny stage. Equal parts love bug and stink face. Which makes me think of this book every time.
4. Happy Sticks and Vampire Teeth. Milo earned enough “happy sticks” at preschool this week to choose a prize from the treasure box. He walked out beaming when I picked him up, asking “When is it time to get Sophie?” He’d chosen a pair of purple vampire teeth for her and knew she’d love them. He’d gotten a black set from trick or treating and couldn’t WAIT for Sophie to have a pair too. She was so THRILLED.
5. All outside, all the time please. With the weather finally cooling down, our walks to and from school have been SO MUCH NICER. We finally made it back down to the 80s this week, and I haven’t been a hot mess when we’ve gotten home in the afternoons. It feels glorious!
Happy Weekend, dear reader!
Wishing you every good thing!