Five Fact Friday – Did you have a happy Christmas? We’ve been soaking up every second of this break. Happy weekend!
1. I hope you had a lovely Christmas! We really did, and I’m so grateful. Our family needed a really good break together and even though we didn’t get to spend it with family or travel to some fun or exotic location, it was really, really nice.
2. Bike rides all day. Both kids got new bikes from Santa, and riding on two wheels (firmly grounded with training wheels) has been a very new experience! True to form, Sophie has literally picked herself bleeding off the sidewalk and asked to try again right away. Milo has it down pretty well but doesn’t trust himself (he’s hardly even wobbly, but doesn’t have the confidence that he’s safe and secure).
3. Also LEGOS. The other thing my kids are both so into right now is LEGOS. I’m super…not…into LEGOS. Growing up, I did a lot of coloring, drawing, playing house, playing Barbies, dressing up, etc. plus plenty of jump rope and bike rides. But LEGOS? Never. And it’s ALL Milo and Sophie want to do right now. I try to spend some time playing with them on the floor each day, but I’m having such a hard time with the LEGOS. I’ll happily color, or play with play dough, or bake, or read endless stacks of picture books, but I am just terrible at LEGOS. Oy. (Also, yes, I know how whiney that sounds.)
4. Fall is here! Funny thing about living the desert… fall arrives in the winter! Leaves are falling off the trees, and it’s really lovely outside. We get cold temps in the mornings (30-40s) and nice warm ones during the day (60s-70s). My kids are in heaven. Last year we hit 90 degrees in February (seriously), so we’re soaking in the cooler temperatures and outside time while we have it!
5. 2017 has been on my mind all month. I love a fresh start and don’t believe I need a new year to take advantage of one (in my mind, a Tuesday or the afternoon of today is just as good a time as any to start fresh), but I’m so looking forward to a new year! I’m excited for the possibilities, projects, and adventures that next year holds.
The weekly newsletter goes out tonight! Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing some of my best tips for setting goals and intentions, setting yourself up for success, and tricks for getting things done. Be sure to sign up so you don’t miss out! My first one is going out tonight around 6pm. I’d love to know what you think!