Five Fact Friday – A dance, an embarrassing backyard picture, and All the Kisses. It’s been a good week! Happy weekend, friends!
1. Shall we dance? Sophie LOVED going to a daddy-daughter dance this weekend with Michael. She got dressed up, drank sparkly apple juice, and boogied the night away. She talked about it for WEEKS ahead of time, and told Michael “I had fun because I was with you.” So sweet.
2. Then, to finish…we’ll snuggle. Milo wasn’t exactly thrilled about being left behind, but when I told him we could do anything for a date while they were gone, he said “let’s build a snuggle nest and watch Blaze!” (He’s obsessed with Blaze and the Monster Machines–it’s a physics-meets-cars/trucks show). Stretchy pants, every blanket we could find, and one snuggly boy was a pretty good end of the deal.
3. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. He really is such a love bug. He’s been very insistent on explaining all the different “kinds of kisses in the whole earff!” Top on his list are butterfly kisses (with batted eyelashes), Eskimo kisses (nose to nose) and bug kisses (which he invented) that are as tiny and quiet as possible. I hate bugs, but I’ll take bug kisses from this boy any day.
4. Who run the world? Sophie. That’s who. Girlfriend wants to do homework in her office every day after school. She takes such pride in doing it by herself and loves that wee bit of alone time after school every day. (Milo may or may not sit cross-legged outside her door waiting for her to be done. I can’t imagine why she wants some space…)
5. Company!!! We’ve been doing all kinds of cleaning and prep for COMPANY coming into town!!! (Our backyard is still empty and these are just SOME of the weeds that have been growing. How embarrassing!) My parents are in town for the weekend and I couldn’t be happier. I miss them SO MUCH. I don’t live by any of my family and my heart just aches without them! I live for FaceTime, a constant stream of texts, and any visit I can get.
Our plans aren’t too adventurous–mostly just soaking up time with Grandma and Gobby (Sophie’ nickname for my dad), but I’m going to enjoy every second I can until I have to take them to the airport on Monday!
The weekly newsletter is headed out tonight around 6pm. I’m sharing a peek at a recipe fail, a lesson I learned, and some weekly faves!
Happy Weekend, dear reader!
Wishing you every good thing!