Five Fact Friday – The funny thing Sophie shouted, Milo’s latest outfit obsession, and more in this week’s Five Fact Friday! Happy weekend, friends!
1. Hermione is our soul sister. Milo has been begging Sophie to get sick so she can stay home from school with him (whaaaat?!) and Sophie is having none of it. “Milo, I don’t want to miss school! School is important! And I don’t want to be behind!”
Sophie has so much magic in her that I never had, but a love of school is something I totally love sharing with her. I really enjoyed school. Sophie just simply loves learning. I love watching her mind work, and love that she genuinely looks forward to going in the mornings.
(Tips for preventing Milo from secretly making Sophie sick are much appreciated…Please and thank you.)
2. Orangealicious. Milo is such a fun little boy to dress. In large part, he’s not all that opinionated. He’s totally down with me choosing almost all of the clothes in his capsule wardrobe (the EXACT OPPOSITE of Sophie, who had strong opinions long before she could even talk), but looks for subtle ways to make things his own.
Last year, it was wearing mismatched socks every day during the winter. This year, he’s doing “color-licious.” (Think Pinkalicious but with a different color each day.) I don’t really mind what he wears, but I’d rather he wasn’t dressed in a single color head to toe. When I ask him to choose two different colors, he sometimes comes back with “but I’m orangealicious!” or “I’m bluealicious!”
It’s hard to argue with that logic. If you see him dressed head to toe in one color? Well..it was a battle I chose not to fight that day. Win some, lose some.
3. Crash, Bang, Boom. We’re also in a phase where Milo sprints EVERYWHERE. He loves doing “stunts” so he’s just constant motion. Unfortunately, he’s not always looking where he’s going (his thought: it’s hard to see just how fast you’re running if you’re not looking behind you…). So his knees have been pebbled with bruises and he’s even gotten a bonk or two on the head lately. He got the saddest little scrape by his eye last week.
4. I am 100 years old. I’ve been watching Sophie work on her big STEM project for school bit by bit and when I was taking her picture holding it, I couldn’t help but think how grown up she seems. She did a little write up of critical thinking questions (“what were some challenges you faced with this project?” “what improvements could you make?”), helped assemble and problem solve every single step, and she presented it verbally to her class. She’s so grown up!
5. MY HAIR IS CRYING! We’re all super ready for fall. In Arizona, slightly cooler temperatures don’t *really* get here until right after Halloween, and the colors don’t actually change until January (crazy, I know!). But man, the heat wave we’ve been riding this week has been intense!
On our walk/bike ride home from school the other day it was 110 degrees and we were all just dripping from the heat. Both kids had sweat streaming down their faces from their bike helmets, and Sophie exasperatedly shouted “MOM! MY HAIR IS CRYING!”
Same, girl. Same. #comeonfall