Five Fact Friday – A new ‘do, a new job, a new class, and more in this week’s Five Fact Friday. Happy weekend, friends!
1. Hooray sports! Milo started a little preschool sports class this week, and it was the best thing I watched all week. 10 teeny, tiny preschoolers playing basketball and hockey? Running obstacle course drills? The best. The best, the best, the best.
2. Tiny voice actor. Sophie’s been doing reading time alone for about 30 minutes after Milo drops off to sleep and as I work in a room close by I can hear her doing the voices to her books. She’s been SO fun to listen to this week reading Say Zoop! and laughing to herself as she reads Nothing Rhymes with Orange. Such an expressive little voice!
3. 4 Going on 14. Milo’s other big “event” of the week was a new haircut. Somehow he seems SO much more grown up with the new cut! Thank goodness he wears character jammies and still loves cuddling up in blankets, or I’d probably be in a corner sad about it.
4. Class clown, er, comedian. Sophie has such a wonderful teacher this year (we have had the BEST luck with teachers so far!). Like most classrooms, her class has “jobs” they rotate through. Our new favorite job? Comedian.
As comedian, Sophie got to read the joke of the day to the class each morning. And she’s been telling jokes every since. I can’t possibly convey how funny this is, but it cracks. me. up. Especially since she immediately explains why the joke is funny as soon as she’s done telling it. Every. Single. Time.
5. Be nice. The world has been a crazy place the last few weeks and there has been SO MUCH to talk through with my kids. I often fumble through these conversations, wondering what to share, what not not share, where to direct the focus, etc.
One thing I’ve felt so happy to be able to share with them is all the different ways that people are coming together around our country to help and pitch in, especially with those whose homes and businesses have been destroyed. After showing her some pictures of some things people were doing to help, Sophie just said “well, it’s because it’s important to be nice to people.”
Yes. Exactly. If there’s one thing I want you to take away from my home, sweet girl, it’s that kindness and love win.