Five Fact Friday – I feel like it’s been forever since I checked in! We’re kicking off our fall break next week, and can’t wait to dive in.
1. Little yogis. Does anyone else notice big changes in their children when the seasons change? For some reason it seems my kids unconsciously go through a transition phase and lately, it’s been a lack of sleep around these parts. We’ve been winding down with lots of Cosmic Kids yoga before our pre-bed book reading and it seems to be making a difference! I’ve talked about it a ton over the years, but they’re kid-friendly stories that your kids can follow along with (rather than a full-on yoga class). It’s free on their site, on YouTube, or you can watch through Amazon Prime. My kids love them!
2. Down for the Count. Milo was down sick last Thursday all the way through Monday. It’s crazy how everything can come to a halt when something like this comes up. Thankfully after a LOT of rest and recuperation (plus 12,000 episodes of Bubble Guppies), this guy is back to his busy/energetic self!
3. Girl Time. With Milo (and Michael for a day) out of commission, Sophie and I had several days strung together where it was basically just one-on-one time. We rarely get this kind of time together anymore, and it was REALLY good for us both! We colored and drew, ran errands (Sophie’s favorite), including a visit to Trader Joe’s, and played cards. Sophie just kept saying “I love spending time with you, mom” which made me all the more determined to carve out more regular girl time with her.
4. Hooray sports! This guy is still majorly loving his preschool sports class. His favorite part is definitely when she just has them run back and forth (which Milo considers a race.) He feels so happy sprinting his little heart out, and usually comes home sweaty and tired and full of fluffy hair and smiles.
5. My favorite sign. One of the best things that’s happened in the last few weeks is that my kids have learned the “I love you” sign. It’s been my favorite thing to see some wiggly, trying-to-do-it fingers making a little sign as Sophie walks into the school gates, or Milo winks at me from across the room. Good grief, I love these two!
You made it! It felt good to fit in a Five Fact Friday this week! We’re starting our fall break next week and have some fun plans. I hope your weekend is filled with happiness and goodness.
PS – The weekly newsletter is headed out tonight at 6pm. Be sure you’re signed up if you’d like a little happy mail later today! I use newsletters to share tips or tricks, bonus recipes, sneak peeks, weekly favorites, and posts you won’t want to miss.
Happy weekend, dear reader.
Wishing you every good thing!