Five Fact Friday – Bits and bites from the week! This week: a special “Pepper Rally” at school, some “experimans,” birthday adventures, and more!
1. Pepper Rally. Sophie came home BURSTING to tell me that she was going to be recognized in the “pepper rally” this week.It was SO fun to see her up on stage as Student of the Month. This girl never ceases to amaze me with all her hard work. She’s got SO much tenacity and grit.
As a baby and non-verbal toddler, this was SO FRUSTRATING. If she had an idea in her head, she DID NOT want to back down from what she had in mind, even if she was much too small to tell me about it. I knew then and know now that it’s also one of her greatest strengths. I think that being willing to work hard and try again for what’s important to you is something that will serve her her entire life.
2. Milo’s Birthday Adventure. In our family, we do a family “birthday adventure” instead of a party. It’s much less stress and planning, and much more about just having fun. Milo was sick closer to his birthday, so Saturday was our first chance to go. He chose a bouncy place with all sorts of climbing, jumping, racing, bouncing, and sliding to do. The light was *awful* for picture purposes, but they couldn’t have had more fun!
3. Art Class. A friend in the neighborhood teaches children’s art classes and Sophie just started. She’s in HEAVEN getting to learn about this sections artist (Wayne Thiebaud) and to make all kinds of fun art projects. Many are food-based, so you can bet this girl’s true loves (cooking and art) are coming to life in this class!
4. Park Time. During Sophie’s art classes, Milo gets to play at a nearby park. There are lots of fun toys, as well as a little stream and “lake” close by. He’s been doing “experimans” to see whether leaves, sticks, or wood chips float best and loves watching the ducks. We are LOVING this beautiful Arizona winter weather!
5. A visit from Gramma. My mom is in town this week and it’s been SO GOOD to have her here! Bless her, she was willing to spend her birthday with us. It’s been so wonderful to fold her into our everyday life and get to do a few fun things tucked in here and there. Sophie even whispered “Mom, when Gramma isn’t here, you’re my favorite person” in my ear the other night. I couldn’t agree more! It’s the BEST when Gramma comes!
Happy Weekend, dear reader!
Wishing you every good thing!