It’s that time again — Five Fact Friday!
1. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve really been struggling this week to be patient, calm, collected, and kind as a mom. While I didn’t boil over AT anyone, I spent far too much time fuming/flaming mad inside. This week, I’m thankful for second chances, and children who forgive easily.
2. Sophie’s discovered the “knock over a tower with a ball” game. I have yet to introduce her to Angry Birds because (heaven help us) I’m sure she’d be wildly obsessive about it, but we had a good time with stacks of diapers, blocks, boxes, and more.
3. Milo has decided he’s old enough to walk down the stairs instead of scoot down on his tummy. He was THE FASTEST tummy scooter I’ve ever seen (really, I’d enter him in a contest). Walking down the stairs is sloooooow going and really scary for me to watch. I know that after a week or two of practicing, he’ll have it down pat, but in the meantime, I have to watch with one eye closed and braced for the tumble down the stairs I’m just sure is coming. (Note: I walk down with him every time, but it’s just so stressful!)
4. What to do at early o’clock on a Saturday when your toddler has wet through his pajama bottoms and you don’t want to wake up Daddy or Sophie? Head out to the backyard and play Throw Rocks in Slow Motion. In my opinion, this is best enjoyed as a spectator sport, but mostly that’s because Milo does it so well. And enthusiastically. Over and over and over and over and…
5. We’re practicing sharing, turn-taking, and waiting at our house. It’s really hard. For all of us. Thank goodness we’ve had lots of homemade popsicles and summer afternoon movies to get us through the longest days. Any tips for helping little ones with this? Or tips for mom sticking it out?
Happy Weekend dear reader! Are you doing anything fun? My sister is coming!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!! Wishing you every good thing!