1. As much as I lament not living closer to ALL of our family, it does make visits from family much more sweet. We’ve had my sister here with us this week, and it’s been SO FUN. She’s been a blessed good sport at enduring our therapy schedule and general lack of doing anything fun or interesting. We really love having her company. Girlfriend has the most contagious laugh in the history of ever. She’s also a great opponent for Just Dance, and a great chatting partner during pedicures.
2. Another perk of having my sister here is that she’s snapped more pictures of me with the kids this week than I feel like I’ve ever had. I don’t love being ON camera as much as I do BEHIND the camera, but I’m glad to have the pictures!
3. Having a magnifying glass (or “fumagi gwass,” as Sophie calls it) makes a lot of things more interesting. Like the eye you were able to sneak mascara onto before getting caught. Special shout out to Aunt Stacy for this great gift!
4. Milo keeps surprising me with the things he can say. Some of my favorites this week were “shubble” (shovel), “ba-da-da” (bulldozer), and “pooh-poh” (purple). One of the benefits of attending more than a dozen hours of therapy sessions with your sister each week is that you pick things up. It’s been great for everyone!
5. Thing to do when your sister comes to visit: try those old-school nose strips. We did a mock spa night with mud masks and some of those old school nose strips. Nothing says sisterly bonding better than good food, spa night, and girl movies. Check, check, and check.
Happy Fourth of July, dear reader! I hope all my U.S. readers have a great holiday! For any last minute meal ideas, see Monday’s summer recipe roundup.