1. I’m so proud of how Sophie’s been working the last few weeks. She’s got preschool and three kinds of therapy throughout the week. She works so hard and I’m amazed at how much progress she’s made in just a few weeks. She’s stringing more three-word phrases together and it’s just THE BEST!
(thank you, Jordan, for these pictures!)
2. Best idea that struck this week (thank you monsoon) was to bring our water table inside and fill it up with dry beans. Sophie was in and out (things to do, people to see), but Milo played for almost two days straight. I just switched out the “add-in” (cars, animals, Disney princesses, etc.) SO much fun! Now that the Try To Kill Himself by Putting Chokey Things in His Mouth phase is over with, all we had to worry about was debris control. We contained the mess with a plastic tablecloth underneath. Voila!
3. I think this a lot, but miracles are everywhere. Not the part-the-Red-Sea-kind, but the “we got free balloons at the grocery store” and the “no one caught me when I was washing his or her blanket today” kind.
4. Back on the home front, Milo is keeping us all on his toes. His point and stare is becoming quite accomplished. It’s usually accompanied by a vehicle shout. You know, “GARBAGE TRUCK!,” “CEMENT TRUCK!”, or “MAAAAAAIL TRUUUUCK!” Thank goodness we got a new set of car/truck books from the library this week.
5. While speed-walking through Target (it’s the only way for a girl to make it through without extraneous purchases, you know), I caught sight and smell of fall. It’s coming, friends. Someday, somewhere. And that means my inaugural showing of You’ve Got Mail is just around the corner.
Happy weekend, dear reader!