1. Therapy works. We’ve been asked by a few people if it’s just something “we could do ourselves” and the answer is just plain and simple: no. We are blessed to work with some fantastic, dedicated, caring therapists who make sure to give us lots of tips, tricks, and activities to support and practice at home, but without the help of our amazing team, we wouldn’t have nearly the volume of activities, ideas, education, and purposeful, directed play that we get to have. I’ve never seen Sophie so comfortable in her own body. Watching her run through the spray at the splash pad, laughing at jokes in her favorite shows, and saying “mama, look!” are blessings I hope I never take for granted.
2. Milo is THIS CLOSE to being able to actually clear the ground when he jumps. It’s hilarious and adorable to watch. His wind up is incredible, he springs upward with all the force his little body can muster…onto his tip toes…all the while exclaiming “hop! hop!” He’s gotten one foot off the ground a few times, and that second foot will come along any time now. In the meantime, it’s perfectly charming.
3. Sophie’s been very into “the boys” doing one thing and “the girls” doing another. When we’re at the park, or on a walk, or getting little ones dressed in the morning, she’s very much all about ME helping her and DAD helping Milo. Funny, funny.
4. Watching this boy’s mind works make me happy. He pays such close attention to where we are in the car (“Hi, Target! Almost to school!”), he loves figuring out how things work, and he’s always thinking about something. Usually with a car or truck in each hand.
5. Even better than that… watching Milo and Sophie play with each other. There’s been a whole lot of wrastlin’ around here that starts with one child walking up to the other and saying “HA!” then the other child laughing and chasing/tackling/sitting on the other. Makes my mama heart sing!
Happy weekend, dear reader. Wishing you every good thing! Also, if you haven’t yet entered the Blendtec giveaway, you have until Sunday night. Winner announced Monday!
p.s. Thank you for your patience with having both a sponsored post and a giveaway in the same week. I took each project on separately, and due to some scheduling changes on the part of the companies, it just so happened that the rescheduled dates both fell this week. I take on these outside projects with care, for brands and products that I truly feel excited about. Thank you for your support! Projects like these help keep our little family afloat with Sophie’s therapies and Michael in graduate school.