1. It’s amazing just how much little ones are taking in every time they go anywhere. I can’t imagine what it’s like to learn so much so fast and to feel that sense of fascination and wonder everywhere I go. But, it’s because I nearly always travel with two tiny people that I’m suddenly VERY aware of ALL the different kinds of cars/trucks/planes/construction vehicles we see when we’re out and about. It’s so funny to hear Milo shout “RED JEEEEP!” when he sees one for the first time, or to have Sophie point out the helicopter parked atop the hospital. The world is an amazing place, folks.
2. Thank you for all your birthday love this week, friends. It was my birthday earlier this week and I received such an outpouring of love from so many people. I’m sure I’ll have a big long (likely semi-to-moderately sappy) post about it soon enough, but for now… thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Just call her Tiger Lily. I’m a firm believer that our water table has been worth every single penny. We had rain this week again, and played with dried beans, feathers, and jingle bells. Add a few trucks and princesses to the mix, and bam. Entertainment for a looong time.
4. We had a big breakthrough this week on the food front! Sophie and Milo tried salsa (pineapple peach salsa) and a vegan Alfredo sauce this week. I wasn’t sure the kids would care for the Alfredo sauce, so I put it on the side of their plate to try. They really surprised me! Milo ate his with a spoon and Sophie carefully dipped each noodle into the sauce one at a time.
Learning to be an accepting, adventurous, healthy eater can sometimes be a long, slow process for little ones (or grown up ones), even if you’ve been doing it from the start. You’ve got to take your victories when they come and shake off the other (many) times they don’t. So, hooray for those two victories!
p.s. If you haven’t yet read through the great suggestions on veggies + kids from earlier this week, check it out here! You guys are the best, and I love hearing from you!
5. It’s been one of those weeks where I’ve been really relying on lots of happy thoughts to get me through the day! Voluntary kisses from babies, happy train time at the bookstore, rainy days, freshly-baked muffins, catchy songs, and videos like these have been some of mine. What happy thoughts are taking you into the weekend?
Happy weekend, dear reader. Wishing you every good thing!