1. I’m stucking! Milo has been saying the cutest little things lately in passing. Like instead of being stuck, he’s “stucking.” He loves to get a stick for a “fishing rot” to be a “fisher-mint.” He also throws in an exhausted “hewf! Dat was cwosed!” after doing anything (physically OR psychologically) strenuous. Cracks me up.
2. Our little scooters are coming along! We’ve been getting more practice with the weather being so nice lately. Sophie’s nearly got the motion down. Milo mostly just has the helmet-wearing down. We’ll get there.
3. It was so incredibly wonderful to have my sister Elisabeth and her baby Cannon here for the weekend. He is perfect and squishy and has neck rolls for days. It was interesting to me to have him here. Both kids seemed perfectly at home with him. I got to love and squish and squeeze and smell him, all without my ovaries begging me for more babies. There may be a third baby out there for our family, but I don’t feel anything like I did before Milo at the moment, so time will tell.
4. I need to find a dance or tumbling class for this girl. She loves moving, jumping, and spinning. She does NOT love crazy costumes and struggles being under the instruction of someone who is too strict and unwilling to give her some understanding. Mostly, we need someone who teaches the class for the purpose of fun and learning, not for the purpose of being the best. Locals, if any of you know someone/somewhere who fits the bill, PLEASE pass along their information!
5. Get in the picture. Another fun perk of having company here is the surprise photos you find on your camera. I’m just hardly ever in the picture with Sophie and Milo, and I love finding sweet surprises like these. (side note: I can’t wait to share our next batch of kids’ books. We’ve got some good ones!)
Before I sign off for the weekend, I wanted to say thank you for your feedback on this post about simplifying and The Power of Less. It’s something I find so fascinating and think so much about. I loved your book recommendations and already have a few on hold at the library.
Also, THANK YOU for making our Facebook and Instagram communities happy places to be. We hit the 2,000 mark on Facebook this week, and we’re close to 600 on Instagram. I know that’s small potatoes in the big world of the internet, but I’m amazed at how many of you have come together to make this a great place to be. I really am thankful for all of you.
Happy weekend, dear reader!
Wishing you every good thing.