For the month of November, we’re focusing our weekly five facts on things we’re thankful for. Join in and share the love!
1. Family Pictures! My friend Lucy (of Captured with Love Photography) got our pictures back to us this week. Milo could hardly have been less cooperative and yet she still managed to get lots of great pictures. It’s rare that I’m in a photo with our kids, and I really treasure these. So much that I’ll probably be posting more of them throughout the next week or two.
2. Technology. Sure, it gets in the way a lot of time and can so easily be a distraction, but technology is such a saving grace for me! Living so far away from most of our family, I’m grateful that my friends and family are just a text, message, email, phone call, FaceTime, or video chat away. I’m also grateful that when I get together with family I haven’t seen for a while, we can just pick up where we left off, thanks to keeping up with each other online and through phones. Plus, I get to see adorable pictures of my nieces and nephews regularly, which takes some of the sting away from not living closer 🙂
3. Good health. I’m so grateful that most of the time, our family enjoys good health. A bad round of colds has hit the kids and I the last two weeks, and I’m so grateful we don’t have to go through life feeling sick all the time. There are so many people suffering from chronic pain, fatigue, illness, or repeated injury. I’m thankful for health. Along with that, I’m thankful for medications, doctors, and treatments that help alleviate illness, from Sophie’s medications to essential oils and chicken soup.
4. Wonderful weather. Now that HeatFest2014 is over and we’re into the glorious weather here in the desert, we get to play in the backyard or at parks several times a day without fear of heat stroke or dehydration. I love being able to get fresh air, and Milo and Sophie are so much happier when they get to do some exploring, running, jumping, climbing, sliding, and digging.
5. The holiday season! I love that Thanksgiving is next week and Christmas is right around the corner. We got a bit of a start on our Christmas decorating this weekend (I know, we’re early). We’re hand-making most of our ornaments on our little Charlie Brown tree (so that little hands can take them off and put them back on without fear of anything breaking).
Keeping in the handmade theme, we got this gorgeous little Nativity puzzle from Melissa’s Bless This Mess Etsy shop. It’s handmade, smells and looks amazing, and is perfect for little hands to explore. We love the plain wood one, but it also comes painted! I love the little Bethlehem silhouette in the background. Sophie has been putting it together over and over since we opened it last weekend.
P.S. I loved it so much I worked out a little discount for One Lovely Life readers with Melissa. You can get 15% off your order with the code ONELOVELY15 at checkout. Be sure to check out all her puzzles, aprons, and hand-burned cooking spoons, as well as lip balm and more. There are so many cute things, and everything is handmade. I love that!
Happy weekend, dear reader. Wishing you every good, happy thing!