Fresh Cranberry Salsa (+A Fun Appetizer Idea!) – This cranberry salsa is the perfect holiday appetizer. It’s always a hit at parties! (Paleo or Vegan)
- 1 (12oz) package of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/3–1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1–2 Tbsp. finely minced jalapeno (start with 1 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- Put cranberries into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to break the cranberries down a bit, but don’t puree them. (see the video for a visual).
- Add onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, honey/agave, and salt.
- Pulse to combine everything and break it down, so the cranberries are finely minced. (I like some texture in my salsa, so I don’t puree the salsa.)
- Taste and add additional salt, honey, or cilantro as desired.
- With chips or crackers as a dip.
- Over grilled or cooked chicken
- In tacos or over nachos
- Spoon cranberry salsa over an 8oz block of cream cheese or dairy free cream cheese and serve with crackers.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry salsa, cranberry salsa cream cheese, cranberry cream cheese appetizer