This cranberry salsa is the perfect holiday appetizer. It’s always a hit at parties!
For Cranberry Salsa:
- 1 (12-ounce) package of fresh cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/3–1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1–2 Tablespoons finely minced jalapeño (start with 1 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
For Cream Cheese Appetizer:
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese (use 2 blocks for a large group!)
- Your favorite crackers*
For Cranberry Salsa:
- Break Up The Cranberries. To start, place cranberries into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to break the cranberries down a bit, but don’t puree them. (I recommend 15-20 short pulses.)
- Add Remaining Ingredients. Add onion, 1/3 cup cilantro, 1 Tablespoon minced jalapeño, lime juice, honey/agave, and salt.
- Pulse To Combine. Then, pulse a few times (don’t puree!) to combine everything and break it down. (You’ll only need 5-10 short pulses.) Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Taste & Adjust. Add more cilantro, salt, honey/agave, or jalapeño, as desired. (Remember that the flavors will intensify and develop as the salsa chills in the fridge.)
- Chill, If Possible. For best results, transfer the salsa to an airtight container and chill in the fridge at least 1-2 hours. The salsa will get softer, more juicy, and more flavorful.
- Serve & Store. Enjoy right away on its own, or turn it into an appetizer. Salsa will keep in the fridge 4–5 days.
For Cranberry Salsa Cream Cheese Appetizer:
- Plate Cream Cheese. When the salsa is done, unwrap a block of cream cheese and place it on a platter or plate. (I keep the block of cream cheese whole for easy scooping, though you can whip it and spread it out like hummus, if you prefer.)
- Spoon Cranberry Salsa Over Cream Cheese. Then, spoon some of the salsa over the cream cheese. (You won’t use all of the salsa. For large crowds, you can use 2 blocks of cream cheese)
- Serve With Crackers or Chips. You can scoop the salsa and cream cheese together onto your cracker like a dip!
*CRACKERS: We like Schar Entertainment Crackers for a gluten-free option. They taste like gluten-free Ritz crackers! If you’re not gluten-free, Ritz crackers and Wheat Thins work well!
MORE SERVING IDEAS:
- With tortilla chips or crackers as a dip
- Over grilled or cooked chicken
- In tacos or over nachos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry salsa, cranberry salsa cream cheese, cranberry cream cheese appetizer