Gluten-Free Banana Muffins – This popular banana muffin recipe is the BEST! With the golden tops and fluffy middles, you’d never know they’re gluten-free and dairy-free!
- 3 ripe bananas (they should be very spotty!), cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (can sub melted butter, or vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free measure-for-measure flour*
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2–1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats, certified gluten-free as needed (+1–2 Tbsp. for the tops, if desired)
- Optional Mix-Ins: 3/4-1 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin cup liners or grease muffin cups.
- In a food processor (or stand mixer), combine bananas, coconut oil, syrup, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla. Puree until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until just combined.
- Use a spatula to fold in 1/2 oats and stir in mix-ins (if using).
- Scoop or spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them most of the way full. If desired, sprinkle them with a few quick oats on top.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow muffins to cool 1-2 minutes in the muffin pan before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling down.
- Enjoy! Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for best results.
*I highly recommend King Arthur Baking Measure-For Measure Gluten-Free Flour Blend for this recipe. My second favorite is Bob’s Red Mill 1:1.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-22 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free banana muffins, gluten free dairy free banana muffins, one bowl banana muffins, the best gluten free banana muffins, gluten-free banana muffins recipe