Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread – This ultra chocolatey gluten-free zucchini bread is AMAZING. The perfect way to use up extra zucchini in the summer! (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 1 1/2 cups packed grated zucchini (don’t peel)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or another neutral/melted oil*)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (sometimes labeled alkalized or Dutch-processed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free measure-for-measure or 1:1 gluten-free flour**
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (2–3 Tbsp. set aside)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan (mine is a 9″x5″ loaf pan) and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Stir or whisk to combine well.
- Add grated zucchini and fold in with a spatula.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in with a spatula until just a few white spots remain.
- Set aside 2-3 Tbsp. chocolate chips for the top of the bread and add the rest to the batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips (there shouldn’t be any white/unmixed sections of flour left).
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few moist crumbs. (A little melted chocolate chip is ok, but you don’t want any wet batter.)
- Place pan on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the bread and transfer the bread out of the pan and onto the cooling rack to finish cooling before slicing. (If you’ve used parchment, you can usually just lift the bread out of the pan using the parchment as “handles.”)
*You can use canola oil, melted & cooled coconut oil, melted vegan butter, or melted butter.
**We recommend King Arthur Flour Measure-for-Measure Gluten-Free Flour for this recipe. Our runner up is Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten-free flour. Results may vary if you use another brand.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free chocolate zucchini bread, gluten-free chocolate zucchini bread, gluten-free zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini bread