Gluten-Free Peach Crisp – This is the PERFECT peach crisp recipe! With sweet peach filling and a buttery crumble on top, it’ll make all your summer dreams come true. (Dairy-Free + Vegan-Friendly)
FOR THE PEACH CRISP FILLING:
- 3 1/2 lbs. peaches, peeled and sliced into 1/2″ thick slices (about 6–7 cups sliced peaches)
- 2–3 Tbsp. brown sugar (use 3 Tbsp if your peaches aren’t as sweet)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- pinch salt (less than 1/8 tsp.)
FOR THE GLUTEN-FREE PEACH CRISP TOPPING:
- 8 Tbsp. butter or vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)*
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)*
- 1/2 cup gluten-free measure-for-measure flour**
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Set out a 9×9″ square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, make your peach filling. Combine sliced peaches, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, vanilla, almond extract (if using), and salt.
- Stir to combine and transfer to your baking dish, making sure to include all the juices.
- Using the same bowl, make your gluten-free peach crisp topping. Combine softened butter, brown sugar, oats, flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Use a fork, pastry blender, or your hands to combine the mixture until clumps and clusters form and there are no dry spots remaining in the crisp mixture.
- Sprinkle the crisp mixture over the peach filling in the baking dish.
- Place your baking dish on a sheet pan (in case of spills)
- Bake your peach crisp at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until the crisp is golden and the filling is bubbling. (If the crisp starts browning too fast, cover loosely with foil)
- Allow the crisp to cool at least 20-30 minutes before serving. (Be sure to wait, as this will help the filling set.)
- Try serving with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream!
*I love using a mix of oats for texture in my crumble topping, but feel free to use all quick oats or all rolled oats.
**We recommend King Arthur Flour Measure-for-Measure Flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Flour for this recipe. Using other flours may yield different results.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free peach crisp, gluten-free peach crisp, the best peach crisp, peach crisp