- 1/2c butter, softened
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1/2c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4c flour
- 1c old-fashioned oatmeal (not quick-cooking)
- 1c raisins (can also use chocolate chips, or M&Ms)
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, until well incorporated. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Sift in baking soda and flour and stir to mix. Add oatmeal and raisins and stir in until well-mixed. Dough will be quite stiff. Don’t worry, keep going (you can even use your hands if you like).
- Scoop by rounded tablespoon-fuls onto a greased or lined baking sheet (I like using parchment paper). Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden and middles aren’t quite set. Allow to cool 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 2 to 2 1/2 dozen cookies