- 8oz bacon*
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper, or more to taste
- 2 small Vidalia or sweet onions, sliced into thick rings
- 4 medium peaches, cut into 1/2” wedges
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- spring mix, or other favorite lettuce
- Favorite salad dressing – Creamy Poppy Seed, Vidalia onion, or poppy seed vinaigrette recommended.*
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spread out bacon slices so that they are not touching. Sprinkle brown sugar and pepper over the bacon, adding more pepper if desired. Bake bacon at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until caramelized but not too browned. Let it cool (it will continue to crisp as it cools) and cut or tear into bite-sized pieces.
- While the bacon is cooking, preheat a grill pan (or your grill). Brush onions with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally until softened, browned, and somewhat caramelized (about 10-12 minutes). Remove onions from grill and set aside. Brush peaches with a little olive oil and grill over med-high heat 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from grill and set aside.
- To assemble salad, place spring mix or lettuce on a large serving platter. Top with grilled onions, peaches, and bacon. Drizzle with desired salad dressing and serve right away.
*For gluten free, be sure to use GF bacon (I prefer Hormel Naturals Uncured). For a gluten & dairy free dressing, Brianna’s brand poppy seed is a great choice.