I am a lover of avocados.
I really like them. A lot.
We don’t eat them often because Michael has some texture issues. Despite his un-love for avocadoes, he has a lot of love for guacamole. This really didn’t make a lot of sense to me, so I asked him about it once. His answer was simple:
“Well, avocados are girl food. They invented guacamole so guys could participate.”
There you have it, folks. From the mouth of an expert guacamole eater.
- 3 avocados, removed from skins and pits removed
- Juice of 1–2 limes
- 1–2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3–4 Tbsp finely diced onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3–4 Tbsp cilantro
- In a large bowl, mash avocados with a fork or potato masher. Squeeze over juice of 1 lime and stir in. Add tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Add 1/4 tsp salt and taste. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Adjust flavorings by adding more lime juice, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and salt.
- Best served fresh, but if storing, press plastic wrap onto surface of guacamole and chill.