Healthy edible cookie dough? YES PLEASE! This almond flour cookie dough recipe is easy + delicious. The perfect easy treat to keep on hand! (Gluten-free, paleo, vegan-friendly)
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) softened butter or vegan butter (can substitute 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil*)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2–3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4–1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine softened butter, almond flour, 2 Tbsp. syrup, the vanilla, salt, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Stir to combine until you have a uniform dough. (So long as your butter is softened, this mixture will come together easily!)
- Taste the dough and add more maple syrup or mini chocolate chips as desired.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make 1″ cookie dough balls. The dough will be sticky, so a scoop or tablespoon makes this easier.*
- Arrange the cookie dough balls in a single layer and store in the refrigerator 4-5 days or in the freezer up to 2 months. Chill for at least 30-60 minutes before eating to allow the dough to set. (It’ll be quite soft until it’s chilled)
*If desired, you can remove the cookie dough bites from the fridge after 30-60 minutes and roll them into smooth uniform balls with clean hands before returning them to the fridge. (The dough will be too sticky to roll out until it’s had a bit of time to chill)
*Please note you CANNOT substitute regular flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour in this recipe unless you heat treat it in the oven to kill the bacteria.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookie dough, edible cookie dough, paleo cookie dough, gluten-free cookie dough, almond flour cookie dough