- 1–1 1/2 lbs green beans, ends trimmed (don’t thaw if using frozen)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked, crumbled bacon (about 4 pieces was plenty)
- 1/2 cup toasted or candied pecans, lightly chopped
- Steam green beans (I place a metal steamer basket in a saucepan with 1-2 inches of water, low enough not to touch the steamer basket. Place beans in the steamer basket and cover the pot. Bring water to a simmer over medium-low heat. Steam beans for 4-6 minutes, or until crisp-tender).
- While beans are steaming, whisk together honey, mustard, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- When the beans are cooked to your desired level of tenderness, remove them from the pan and toss with the honey mustard dressing. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Top with desired garnishes and serve warm.