Instant Pot Applesauce – Homemade applesauce made in the pressure cooker! This recipe is easy, delicious, and great for beginners! (Paleo, Vegan)
FOR THE INSTANT POT APPLESAUCE:
- 4 lbs. apples (about 8 large apples), cored and cubed (peel first, if desired!*)
- 3/4 cup apple juice, apple cider, or water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (if using water. Not needed if using cider/juice)
ADDITIONAL FLAVORING OPTIONS:
- 1–2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2–1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2–1 tsp. chai spice
- 1/2–1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- pure maple syrup
- brown sugar
- Prep your apples and place them in the Instant Pot.
- Add any desired seasonings (cinnamon stick, spices)
- Pour apple juice or water over the apples and seasonings.
- Secure the lid and double-check that the pressure valve is set to SEALING not VENTING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK and set the timer for 5 minutes. (It will take 14-15 minutes or so to come to pressure)
- Allow the pressure to naturally release about 20 minutes, then quick-release any remaining steam.
- Use a potato masher to mash the applesauce for a more homestyle/chunky applesauce, or puree with an immersion blender (or working in batches in a regular blender) until smooth.
- Taste and add additional seasonings/spices, or sweeten, to taste.
*For super-smooth applesauce, you can peel your apples in advance. If you like an old-fashioned/chunky texture or plan to purée the applesauce, there’s no need to peel them first! For texture-sensitive kids/adults, I recommend peeling the apples first.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot applesauce, pressure cooker applesauce, homemade applesauce, chunky applesauce, no sugar added applesauce