This may be one of THE BEST things I’ve ever gotten to do as a blogger. The good people at Lenovo have invited me to be part of their Tastemakers panel as a Modern Mom in sharing great ways to use the Lenovo YOGA 2 Pro tablet. They’ve got lots of great people from all different walks of life participating, and I love seeing the many ways people are putting this tablet to great use.
While most of us wear many hats, I think I’m best described as a modern mom. I run a busy and growing food and lifestyle blog with plenty of freelance projects on the side, a busy volunteering schedule, and two very active little ones, I’m always on the go. Whether I’m meeting a deadline for the blog or dinner, it’s been fun to see all the ways I can put the tablet to work for me.
My initial thoughts:
- I loved that it’s so lightweight. The display is larger than some tablets, which I love about it. It’s also got a bright, beautiful display that’s been really easy to navigate.
- It’s really versatile – The flip and fold design lets you prop it upright, lay it flat, even hang it from a nail on the wall if you so choose!
- The battery life is great. The battery holds up to 15 hours of power, which is especially nice for those times I forget to charge it.
As for ways I use it…
1. Therapy and play apps. Sophie’s part of three kinds of therapy and ALL of them have relied on apps at one point or another. We love being able to use apps to support some of the concepts she’s working on in therapy and school, as well as enjoying one or two fun little play apps here and there. Sophie’s got the system down–she can easily navigate to her apps when she’s ready for them, and quickly close everything down when she’s finished.
2. Scheduling and Project Management. I feel like I’m always juggling a bajillion things at the same time (ack!). I like keeping track of my appointments, meetings, reminders, and tasks in one place. You can sync your tablet to the computer, or I mainly use Evernote to keep myself connected across the board, no matter where I am.
3. Cooking and blogging. It’s been surprisingly easy to check in with blog comments or social media sites quickly whenever I have a quick second. I also love that I can prop up the tablet on the counter out of the “splash zone” to pull up a recipe from Pinterest or my notes for something I’m developing. It’s so quick and easy. Plus… I can play music or stream a podcast while I cook or clean, which is a BIG win.
4. Me time. I’m not a game-player, but I do love using fitness apps and streaming online workout videos. The tablet is also compatible with Kindle books, so you can use it for ebooks as well.
5. THE PROJECTOR. Perhaps the coolest feature of the Lenovo YOGA Tablet 2 Pro is the Pico projector in its barrel. I used this to project a slideshow at a presentation I gave recently, but our favorite way to use it is to make an instant movie night. We pop popcorn and project our show onto the wall. The kids basically think it’s the coolest thing ever. They’re not wrong.
The tablet really has been used daily since it arrived, and I feel like we’ve put it through its paces. If you’re in the market, you can read more about the tablet here. You should also check out the fun ways other people are using it by visiting the Trend Hub. So many fun things!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.